Saturday, February 13, 2010

Get Lucky Chocolate Cups


1 12oz bag semi sweet chocolate morsels. (I used Hersheys)
1 cup cream
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 tablespoons dark rum

Heat everything but the chocolate in a sauce pan until HOT. Do not boil. Transfer to blender. Blend until mixed. Add chocolate. Wait long enough for chocolate to begin melting. Blend mixture together until the mixture is well blended and glossy. Pour into 4 small demitasse bowls and chill. Top with a few fresh berries or a shortbread cookie. The portions will look small but the dessert is rich. A little goes a long a way.



***Delish Mistake!
I thought I was hot stuff and tried to make this recipe from memory. I added 2/3 cup whole milk and my end result would not set up. Instead of tossing out my "chocolate soup" as my 3 year old described it, I set the whole batch in the freezer.

End result: The most deliciously smooth homemade chocolate ice cream I have ever had. With the eggs its technically a custard but it is delish regardless! I will make this again and try different variations. White chocolate with almonds or raspberry? Oh my...

No comments:

Post a Comment