Monday, March 15, 2010

Rockin Ribs!


2 Racks of Baby Back Ribs (we started with frozed)

Sweet and Spicy Sauce

1 cup catsup
1/2 cup honey
2 T soy sauce
1 T mustard
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1 T chile flakes

Whisk all together and allow to sit 10 minutes.

Out of sheer laziness came this remarkably easy and outstandingly good rib recipe. Our two racks of ribs were frozen solid so I boiled them in a huge pot of boiling water until the meat started to pull from the bones. I then realized we were out of barbecue sauce.

Ughh! Hate that.

LSU was playing and neither the hubby or I wanted to leave the house so I quickly threw this barbecue sauce recipe together and I have to say it's damn good. The sauce is sweet with a slight tangy spice to it. It's also thick enough that it stays put.

I may never buy sauce again.

When I make tailgate food I always think of John Madden who has seen some major tailgate food in his day. I don't know John but if he's ever driving through Albuquerque and needs a place to eat; let me just extend the invitation now. No doubt he would be pleased with these. True sinkers!

Once the ribs were done and the sauce was whisked together they were transferred to a mesquite charcoal grill and grilled for about 12 minutes on each side. The sauce is allowed to sit on the top of the ribs for a few minutes so the sauce thickens and then they are flipped before saucing up the other side. The hubby does this twice. It sears in the sauce and allows for a really good char.

LSU lost but we won with these beauties!

We also used Golden Toad's Chipotle Finishing Barbecue Sauce. It's mild enough for the kids to eat and has tremendous flavor. Golden Toad is a crowd favorite at the International Fiery Foods Show and now a Radney family favorite too! If you'd like to visit their site it's www.goldentoad.com

You won't be sorry and please tell them Diana sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment